Most Canadians have a fixed rate mortgage but is that about to change? A new survey from CIBC shows that, although 72% of Canadians have an FRM currently, just 54% of respondents said they would opt for a fixed rate mortgage if they signed the papers today. However, the remaining 46% of those who are […]Read more "Are we about to see a rise in variable rate applications?"
Have you ever woke up after a night of drinking, and only had a vague recollection of what happened? Then your responsible friend sets off a chain of text messages, trying to figure out where you went wrong? Well that’s what the Canadian real estate industry just did, and man-o-man did people screw up. The Canada […]Read more "CMHC: 55% Of Toronto And Vancouver Real Estate Buyers Were In A Bidding War"
One of the main gripes that people have with real estate agents is their commission. Many homeowners (mistakenly) think, “Why should I pay a real estate agent to do something I’m perfectly capable of doing myself?” The reason people avoid working with agents is because they think it’s going to cost them money. But in […]Read more "3 Ways Real Estate Agents Actually SAVE You Money During Your Home Sale"
I just accepted an offer for my house. What comes next? First of all, congratulations! Your biggest steps, arguably, will come right at the end: packing and moving your belongings, cleaning the home and vacating before the closing date and time (the day when the property changes ownership). But you will need to take several […]Read more "Steps to take before moving out of your house"
Whether you are in the market to buy a new home, or you are planning on selling your current home it is important to do your homework before coming up with a price. Putting the wrong price tag on a property can be the difference of your house selling in days or in months, or […]Read more "Overpriced homes and how to identify them."
Click the link below to view the monthly market statistics for your area in an easy to understand infographic. Listings, sales and prices are summarized for condos, townhomes and single family homes for cities across B.C. Abbotsford Bowen Island Burnaby East Burnaby North Burnaby South Cloverdale Coquitlam Kelowna Ladner Langley Maple Ridge Mission Nanaimo New […]Read more "Monthly Local Market Update"
…Even as mortgage rates on the whole are on the rise. HSBC says it is discounting its variable mortgage rate starting Thursday to a level that undercuts the recently discounted rates of other major banks, as competition in the space intensifies. The bank says it will offer a five-year variable closed rate of 2.39 […]Read more "Canada’s Variable-Rate Mortgage War Heats Up"